Digital marketing is on the rise, and companies are beefing up their marketing efforts to boost online presence, especially in social media. Nevertheless, focusing on social media alone isn’t enough. More often than not, your ad campaigns will usually lead to a landing page, which is your company website. And once your potential customers are on your site, you want to grab that opportunity to turn them into actual paying customers! One efficient way to achieve that is through excellent user experience.
User experience (UX) is sometimes interchangeably used with user interface (UI). However, both are different. While user interface mostly pertains to the overall aesthetics of the website such as presentation, reactions, and senses, user experience, on the other hand, has everything to do with functionality, usability, branding, and design. The primary goal of UX is to give users a convenient and seamless experience while browsing through your website.
And user experience gravely affects your marketing approach. Logo inconsistency, incorrect product descriptions, or misplacement of call-to-action buttons can lose potential sales!
Whether you’re a digital marketer, entrepreneur, web developer, or graphic designer, here are some tips on how to amp up your marketing efforts with excellent user experience.
# 1: Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
Mobile traffic accounts for half of the internet traffic worldwide. If you’re not optimizing your website for mobile, you could be losing a massive number of conversions! There is nothing more annoying than shopping on your mobile from a website that loads extremely slow or browsing through a desktop view from a mobile phone.
There are a few ways you can make your site mobile-friendly, here are some of them:
- Make it responsive. That means, any content on your website that’s viewed on a desktop is displayed differently on a mobile phone but can still be viewed conveniently
- Enlarge buttons on mobile. Not all fingers are created equal. Some have a hard time scrolling through a small screen. Make sure the buttons are large enough, even for gigantic fingers.
- Compress images and CSS. Always compress anything that’s on your sites such as images and CSS to make it load faster.
- Use the viewport meta tag. This is an option to tell the browser to fit your website’s width to whatever portable device it’s being viewed from. This is to prevent users from scrolling from side to side when reading a text or viewing an image.
- Ditch the flash technology. Some portable gadgets don’t support flash. So if some of your content requires flash to open, then it’s probably not going to open or takes a lot of time to.
- Perform mobile testing regularly.
#2: Integrate Interactive Animations
Another way to enhance a user’s experience is to offer them something they can participate or interact with like a simple question in GIF form or a mini-game on your page intended for mobile. Some apparel stores even have an augmented reality app that can allow users to try the clothes on virtually before purchasing!
#3: Don’t Ignore Videos
Videos are powerful and compelling content that will make or break a sale. Whether you’re spreading brand awareness, expanding your reach, or increasing conversions, videos will help you achieve your goals and objectives. Of course, choosing what type of content is also vital. Funny, informative, emotional, or newsworthy content gain more engagement nowadays.
#4: Add Social Buttons
Social media marketing is also a popular trend in this day and age. That’s because a lot of businesses find success in any platform. Never forget to include links or buttons to all social media channels you have on every page. That way, users can easily click them if they want to connect with you on a more personal level.
#5: Place CTA Buttons Strategically
Call-to-action buttons are the roads to a sale! Always make sure your CTA buttons are visible and clickable. This is also an efficient strategy to tell users what to do next. Whether you want them to sign up to newsletters or add items to cart, CTA buttons bring in the revenue.
-A guest blog post written by Annah Brooks, a passionate young blogger who loves to write about SEO techniques, digital marketing, social media and more. She is currently working with DBL07, one of the leading Delray Beach SEO companies, which offers which specializes in website design, Search Engine Optimization, and mobile responsive web site design for businesses.